Friday, November 20, 2009

OCC~Operation Christmas Child

I have my shoe boxes ready to drop off in the morning.  I just need pencil sharpeners which I have not found yet.  I checked the Dollar Tree and Dollar General so I will check WalMart or Target in the morning.  It is still heartbreaking to me that this is really all some of these children get and there is only so much you can fit in a small box!  I am soo excited that Susannah, Mrs. LG, and Renea are all participating in this as well!  If everyone that blogs just did one.....Wow that is a lot of shoe boxes!

If you want to participate you still have time to put a box together.  Some locations are excepting them through the weekend.  You can go to the Operation Christmas Child website and type in your zip code and it will tell you the drop off locations near you and it will tell you the times that someone will be there to accept boxes.  So you can go and look and see if you would still have time to make a box and drop it off in time!  Don't forget to read about the suggestions for your boxes.  They have things you should put in and things to leave out such as candy that will melt and don't forget to print out your label that you mark boy or girl on and what age range.  Also don't forget to put your $7 in to cover shipping.
From their site:

 INCLUDE YOUR DONATION

Please donate $7 or more for each shoe box you prepare to help cover shipping and other project costs. You can give online by using our EZGIVE option, or you can write a check to Samaritan’s Purse (note “OCC” on memo line) and place it in an envelope on top of the gift items inside your box. If you or your family are preparing more than one shoe box, please make one combined donation.

I did just read that it says no liquid items.......I have bubbles and Sus and I both have shampoo.  I guess I will ask when I get there!  It also says that soap should be in a plastic bag and candy should be in a bag.  Well now I guess I shall go re-work my box...hmm I had my candy in a bag and then it did not fit so I took it out.




This one made me cry!  The children are so sweet and they want to help and how awesome is it that they are being shown at an early age the spirit of giving to those less fortunate!

They also receive a book of gospel in their language with their boxes!
I am also going to include a small letter and a picture of us if I can find one!  If you are participating in this leave me a comment!

 
 
I will definitely start putting things away for next years boxes.  I hope we can do many more next year!

In one of the videos they make the comment:
1 box = 1 child = 1 life = 1 salvation

1 comment:

  1. Your box look super cute! I am dropping mine off tomorrow morning-and I put the shampoo and sanitizer in plastic baggies. We shall see. :D

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0