Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wedding Wednesdays

Not much to report this week.  I have just been online looking at ideas.  I do have two main colors and some ideas in the works and I will post those later for ya'll.  We are going to Birmingham again this weekend so I can go look for a dress.  I have found two that I really like but I want to try on more to find "the one"!  I have always loved the Melissa Sweet dresses (not just because of the name) but I know that I am not getting one! Ladies who was the designer of your wedding dress and your bridesmaid dresses?  Also what stores did you find your dresses at? A small shop or a chain store?  Did you have a certain style in your head and then when you tried it on decided it was not "your style"?  Where did you have the best luck?  Tell me your stories, Bride to Bride!
Here are some rather interesting selections! LOL
 
  
 

3 comments:

  1. YOu know, My wedding dress was crazy. I wanted an old fashioned NON strapless empire waist sort of simple gown, and the lady in one of the stores was super obnoxious and wanted me to try on this 2 piece dress and i did it after she badgered me for 20 minutes, and low and behold THAT was the dress I bought. It was too small and was $200 and i get compliments on it all the time ( when peeps see our wedding pics on facebook) so turned out i bought a dress that was NOTHING like i had in mind. ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember the designer of my dress, I would have to look when I'm at home. But, I got it at a boutique in Atlanta. My bridesmaids' dresses were by Jessica McClintock. You will find the one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well when I went shopping I thought I wanted the big Cinderella ball gown type wedding dress with no train and ended up with a much more simple A-line, empire waist dress with a small train and flowing sleeves. WAY different. But I just knew (and so did my mom and sister) that it was the ONE for me. You'll find it!

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0