Saturday, October 17, 2009

Fall Blooms

I just wanted to share some pictures of our pretty Iris's with everyone.  We bought this Iris at Easter time.  My Mom loved Iris's and we saw this at Home Depot during Easter so Cas bought me this pretty one.  The name of it has something to do with "memories", I can't remember the name of it exactly but it was perfect!  We thought since it had bloomed in the Spring that it would not bloom again until next Spring so we were excited when  Fall started and our pretty Iris started blooming.  Cas's Mom bought this bird bath for him last Christmas and Cas bought me the little statue sitting in the middle of it.  We were at a nursery in Birmingham and he found it, it is an angel holding a rabbit!  My Mom collected rabbits so this was perfect!  We started on this project this Spring and moved the bird bath in the middle of the yard and and started planting Iris's and purple(one of her fave colors) flowers around it.  We just have to find a bench to put out there.  So Summer is nice because we always have a bunch of pretty flowers blooming but it was just as nice to have these fall blooms!



1 comment:

  1. Gah, I remember all the times we would play at your house in ALtadena South-your mom would make us awesome snacks and let us do dress up! We always got to dress up! I think I hsve some pics of us from your old house in costumes! Good times!

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0