Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year

Happy Chinese New Year....a few days late! I have not posted this earlier because I have had a migraine for a couple of days. I was lucky enough to inherit some authentic Oriental items since my Great Aunt was a missionary. So Cas and I figured what better excuse to have friends over! I didn't attempt to cook Chinese food as I felt it would be a disaster! So thank you Zen House! You can check out the Orange Juice Cake we made in my food blog. The Chinese eat such things as glazed fruit for dessert.......that is not dessert oriental people, but I guess that is why ya'll are so skinny! So I opted for something orange since the orange has meaning of wealth! I am still waiting on that part....stay tuned!

Cas and I were both born in the year of the goat/ram! Now this guy actually has meaning. He (Gram is his name) made his way to our yard this Christmas. Just don't ask!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics. Chinese cooking is not too hard. You should try it sometime. Stir-fry is really easy.

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0